Sunday, April 23, 2006

Playing "DD"

I don't understand life sometimes. Tonight I decided to play "DD" for my brother and some of his friends. It's hard to drive your own brother to a party where he will inevitably become highly intoxicated and then leave him. I just don't understand how he can walk through life living from one beer to the next, it's such a tragedy. And here I sit unable to do anything about, unable to change his actions. I guess I am starting to understand that I do love my brother deeply, but it is better off that I at least know he is not behind the wheel of a car careening into a tree or any other object. I've learned that the fleeting pleasure of this life fill people up because they are instant. Dropping my brother and one of his friends downtown to "Last Call" I saw so many kids my age, yes kids that is what we are regardless if we are in college, vugularly dress doing obscene things. It is so heartbreaking to know that they are flying head first into a brick wall but continually bash themselves against it because it is "fun".
I DON'T BUY IT!!!!! I never will! Looking at the whole downtown Athens situation for a far one might see a College lost in drunken stupidity, but I am in the midst of these fools and I can say that there is light in Athens, GA. It is the light of the Gospel and it is on the move no doubt. I am ready, ready to stand up against the giants, the frats and soroities, the partiers, and the junkies. Someone has to; we as Christians can no longer hide underneath rocks, we MUST get out of our small protective circles and show the world that this life is not enough and never will be. I can no longer lead a sheltered life running away from the things that are deemed "bad" I must face them and conquer them in order to show that life is not made up of the frivolous trivialities that are easily captured.

No comments: