Thursday, April 06, 2006

homeless but not lost

my parents moved to albuquerque, nm this past october. i guess i have not realized how much it has rocked me, i have been totally emerged in my school work this year. what happens when all the places that feel like home are gone? no more familiar smells or inviting smiles. dorm life has cut me off from all possibilities of a home life. going home to augusta it nice, but i miss just sitting in my house with one of the dogs and watch tv or just being alone. there really is no place like home, as dorothy would say. i miss my parents more than i would have ever imagined. when ever i get to go and visited them i get so much pleasure just cooking with my mother or bickering with my father about some stupid subject. it is the little things that i miss. i know that i will always have places to call home in augusta, but its not the same.
however, one place i will always feel home is at lakemont presbyterian church. they took me in at a time in my life where i did not know where i was going. my life drastically changed i saw heard the truths of the Gospel for the first time and learned to weight of Christ's crucifixion for the atonement of my sins. my hope is that everyone at lpc would know that they have earnestly contributed to my testimony in Chirst. even though i miss my house and the people in it, i know that my place is within the household of God.

give me Christ or else i die

No comments: